Friday 29 June 2012

Ankara Jackets - Spice Up Your Life!

Ankara Jackets are fun, chic, trendy and sure to put you on the best dressed list! They are perfect for glamming up playful jumpsuits, shorts, skirts, dresses and jeans. There is nothing quite like an ankara jacket to breathe life into remarkably dull and uninspiring outfits. So, rock an ankara jacket and be fun, be adventurous, be vibrant, be hip!
 
     

 


 Cover Mania! 
Harpers Bazaar Spain February 2012 Edition [Burberry Prorsum]{Source}
 Mania July 2011 Edition [Jewel By Lisa] {Source}

Celebrity Inspiration: Ankara Jackets

Rihanna
in L.A.M.B. S/S '11 Ankara Jacket {Source}
in Tina Kalivas '09 African Print Ankara-Inspired Jacket {Source}
Lady Gaga
In Burberry Prorsum S/S 12 Ankara Jacket[Source]

Beyonce
In Boxing Kitten Multi-Ankara Jacket {Source}
Gwen Stefani
In LAMB S/S '11 Ankara Jacket {Source}
Lisa Folawiyo (JBL)
in Jewel By Lisa (JBL) Ankara Jacket {Source}
Teyana Taylor
in L.A.M.B. S/S '11 Sleeveless Ankara Jacket {Source}

Our Artsy Finds:
 Fair+True Floral African Print Blazer Jacket

RRP £355.00; £225.00 - asos.com

Mira Excel Ankara Jacket
N10,000 miraexcel.com 
Ankara Jacket
 Xclamationa Ankara Jacket
N15,790 naijastyles.com
Prima Rouge Metro Cut Blazer
Renee Q Ankara Print Kimono Jacket
 $69  myasho.com 
Fair+True Trade African Print Round Neck Jacket
$115 (£75) - fashion-conscience.com
    African Rebel Ankara Jacket


    So, who else is hearting ankara jackets? How would you wear yours? 

    25 comments:

    1. I want one hanging in my closet right now! My cousin can sew anything and I'm about to ask her to make some for me and my sisters!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know just how you feel! Laughing real hard at the "my cousin can sew ANYTHING" comment! Anything? Really?

        Delete
    2. Replies
      1. Thanks Sasha! We especially love that they are so vibrant and colourful. Way to make a hell of a statement, right? Have a great weekend, hun!

        Delete
    3. Oh- blazers are one of my fashion items I like most because they are an easy way to say- "I am put together today!" hehe.

      Thanks for the compliment- that tunic took so long to make . I think I'm going to cut off the top though and figure out a new way to fix the edges!

      I am your NEWEST follower GFC! I hope you can visit my blog again and follow me too ^_^

      God Bless,
      christine
      www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks a lot, Christine. You can count on it!

        Delete
    4. Very original jackets ;)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. We thought so too, Sabina! Thanks for checking in...

        Delete
    5. Replies
      1. Thanks - don't you just itch to get one too? We know we do!

        Delete
    6. Beautiful jackets!!!
      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

      ReplyDelete
    7. Gorgeous posts and beautiful jackets ; Beyoncé looks great on that picture !

      ReplyDelete
    8. so great post! come by and lets fllw each other if you love to do dear:)
      miss-monaaa.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    9. I love the Ankara Piece on Beyonce. Nice Blog! I am really Glad to find Nigerians like myself in the Fashion Blogging community. I love your blog. Thanks for following me on my blog. I am now following you. Naija forever!

      http://vinture.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Naija for life! We were ecstatic to find you too. So ecstatic! Such a great blog, and your style is tres chic!

        Delete
    10. they all are nice jackets<3 thanks for sharing
      btw mind to fllw each other?
      jessillesilv.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    11. wow! so inspiring prints!
      lovely blog! I've just started following you on GFC and Bloglovin'!
      Like to follow back?? It would be great, we can stay in contact!
      kisses!!
      self-dressed.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    12. I LOVE IT!! the colours and patterns! :D
      Thank you for your comment on our blog! ^^ would you like to follow each other? I am following you from this moment and i will keep visiting and commenting! Your blog is very inspiring! :D
      Kiss!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks a lot, hun! Would keep in touch with your blog...

        Delete
    13. Okay..... Don't just show me these amazing jackets!!!! How do i get them in my closet???

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions with us. We would cherish them and hold them close to our hearts like the rarest of jewels. Much love...

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...